Communication between school and home is vital to your child's learning, achievements and success. Home-School Link books are provided for each learner to help communication between teacher and parent/carer. We hold regular Parents Evenings so you can discuss your child's learning journey and we also have an open door policy, so please feel free to come into school and see your child's teacher.
Miss Nikki Stroud, our Family Links Co-ordinator, is available if you feel you need support with issues at home that may be affecting your child's learning and well-being in school. Miss Stroud can signpost you for support if it is something that we cannnot help you with in school.
A brief summary of Miss Stroud's role is listed below:-
- Act as a link between home and school
- support parents/carers to develop and maintain a positive relationship with the school
- Attends Nursery home visits
- Act as a link between the Health Visitor and the School Nurse
- Signpost to the appropriate staff member regarding concerns parents/carers have about their child's learning
- Link with all staff members for good communication between staff ensuring a consistent approach to supporting the learners needs
- Signpost a range of outside agencies/services for learners and families requiring further support and information
- To initiate and attend Early Help Assessment (EHA) and Team Around the Family (TAF) Meetings
- Help learners and families to increase school attendance and minimise absences
- Make referrals to the Education Welfare Worker (EWW) for support for learners with low attendance or to the Local Support Team (LST) for challenging behaviour and support in the home
- Coordinate Parenting Programs and courses in partnership with Leek College, LST and outside services
- Links with PTFA, BRIC, Biddulph East Work Club and Community Projects